Monday, January 14, 2008

Late to Work


---I knew it was a bad sign when I saw this... bad sign.

I woke up this morning knowing that there was something I was supposed to do today but wasn’t sure what. I know I had an interview, so that has to be it right? No, there’s something else. Take out the dog? No. There’s something I’m supposed to do! But what?

Oil change? Yeah, I’ve got to get that done, but that’s not it.

Screw it, maybe I’m just worried about this interview. So, I shaved, showered, got ready and ran out the door to go work.

But as I drove up to the lot, I remembered what it was. I was supposed to come work 30 minutes early so that my boss could have a meeting. FUCK ME!!!

I hate being late. HATE IT. Especially if its to something that could get me in trouble if I’m late, like work today.

Of course, my boss wasn’t happy. In fact, I didn’t even get to tell him my excuse for being late, he wouldn’t hear it.

Now, my mind can’t stop thinking about being late. I really want to write something funny and interesting this morning but damn if I can’t stop thinking that I shouldn’t have taken that extra five minutes in the shower, or the ten minutes when I got back into bed with my girl or the twenty minutes to shave my legs.

Damn, what can I do to make this up to the ol’ boss man? Buy him a cake? Flowers? Make him macaroni art? Write him a poem? Wash his car?

Well, I give up. Screw him if he’s mad. What’s the worst that could happen? I could get fired… oh yeah that would be bad. Crap.

Wish me luck on my interview, I may need this job more than I thought.