Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving



In 24 or so hours, I will be eating mashes potatoes and gravy. Thank God for that. What other things am I thankful for on this festive holiday? Glad you asked.

-My parents for consistently supporting me in my quest to make it in Hollywood.

-My short movie Tag is finally done after months of being in post. A weight of a thousand Britney Spearses has been lifted off my chest. Also, that I was able to get it done in time to apply for the Phoenix Film Festival. I hope it gets in.

-I will have another niece or nephew coming soon, maybe on Thanksgiving day.

-Tejava iced tea.

-Oscar season is coming up so good movies are coming out now. The list of movies that I want to watch is longer than the list of people I owe money to.

-Radiohead’s In Rainbows box set gets shipped soon.

-I have a fast metabolism that has slowed down only enough for me to have a little pot belly.

-America’s economy is doing so well, gas prices are low and the stock market is up. Oh wait, that was 1997, not 2007. My bad.

-I have a girlfriend who understands that I’m crazy and in fact loves it.

-Netflix. What a great invention. Now, I have to watch movies faster than the mail.

-My beautiful dog Parker and the little things that she does that make me laugh.

-The weather, thank God its not 100 still. Fucking global warming.

-My sister graduating college and potentially moving to LA.

-Fantasy Football, I’m number one in both of my leagues (by typing this I have just jinxed myself for sure)

-I’d say thanks for the Detroit Lions and Phoenix Suns if they both didn’t consistently let me down.

-My friends who help me out with my hair brained schemes and plans.

-Happy Ending Bar that opened up next to my house and has the NFL package on Sundays. Thanks for taking my money and making everything so fucking expensive. Also thanks for making the best Kobe burger on the planet.

-The WGA for completely fucking up my chances of selling a script in the near future. Greedy bastards.

-Reefer for making my back not hurt so much. Also Dr. Mike Yanigita for the chiropractor work.

-Rolling Stone magazine for being a source of continued coolness.

-BBQ chicken sandwiches.

-Music for making me forget my problems.

-I’m not dead.

There’s probably some others but I don’t feel like typing anymore. Happy Thanksgiving people!

No comments: