Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Unintentionally Funny Moments

Life is full of moments that are meant to be serious but just come off as 'hold your gut' funny-

Here is my short list of a few from my life.

-The serious pep talk speech that Samuel L Jackson gives in Deep Blue Sea about "Nature is lethal but it doesn't hold a candle to man..." just before he gets eaten by a shark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLGaTELIfHw

-When I saw a guy run his motorcycle into a car at 40 miles an hour... he was thrown like a rag doll 100 feet in the air. I guess you had to be there; it was funny at the time.

-The time my ex girlfriend threw a cell phone at my head and missed me by an inch when she was drunk as a skunk. She made this big scene, crying and yelling so much that everyone in the neighborhood came out to see the commotion. I was mad on the outside, but I couldn't stop laughing on the inside.

-When a different ex leaned out of my car throw up but couldn't get all the way out because she was stuck by the seat belt. When I pressed the button to let go of the seat belt, gravity took hold and she flew out of the car face first into a pile of rocks. She sat there crying, bloody, covered in puke, but damn if it wasn't funny.

-Every time a boss yells at me, red faced and angry. I know I should be worried, but I have to hold in the laughter.

- My dad's funeral. Not just one moment but the whole thing. Why? I have no idea. It was just funny for some reason.

What's your favorite 'un funny' funny time? Please post in comments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You mean like last night when you farted at the gym? Not like little fart, like big explosive fart. TWO!! I was dying.