Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Parker, the new old dog

Parker, the new family dog!

I’m getting a new dog. Well, I’m not, my girlfriend is. And it’s not really a ‘new’ dog, she’s four years old. But still, I’m getting a new dog!

I can’t tell you how excited I am about this. I’ve never had a dog for myself. I’ve had family dogs. I’ve even had cats on my own. But I’ve never a owned a dog, on my own, in my apartment.

I’m nervous… a little. It’s a little bit of a bigger dog then I expected to get. But she’s really sweet and kind, doesn’t bark and is just chill.

She’s been at the pound for two months, most people look for puppies or small energetic dogs. Parker is more of a 'chill, don’t bark, smile and be polite dog,' one that doesn’t jump out at you when you go to the pound to find a dog. She was only about a week away from being put down. We saved her!

I can’t wait to have long walks in the park with Parker, hike up Runyon canyon with her, take her to the beach, take her to my friends house, and run to Target with her.

If you see me with a huge smile on my face, its because of this new little 25 pound bundle of joy in life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Little Parker can't wait to see her daddy!

Unknown said...

By the way, we are going to be great Parker parents. And she is ours equally! I think she has her dad's gorgeous smile :)