Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Patience is a virtue that I don't have

Everyone tell me patience is a virtue. It might be. I guess that doesn't make me very vitreous.

I have a really bad problem. I want everything. RIGHT NOW.

I hate waiting in lines, especially at the store. I try to figure the shortest one based on line size, items each person has, the competency and speed of the checkout person. I've got it down to a science.

I hate sitting in traffic. Shit, I hate driving in general. I want it to be the shortest trip possible, I have all these shortcuts and ways to eek out an extra couple of seconds on my drive time.

This lack of patience is especially apparent in my career. But there are no short cuts or ways to cut the waiting process. I've been waiting for months for my movie to be done to only have one thing or another set it back again and again. I've written five scripts that I haven't done shit with because I need a shot to pitch them and sell them that I am waiting for but still haven't been given.

I'm sure most people are like this, but I have a serious problem with being patient. How do you folks do it? I have no ideas...

No comments: